Monday, August 18, 2008

"Rage, rage against the dying of the light."


This quote by Dylan Thomas sums up my own feelings about August, and I'm sure it reflects yours as well. I once heard someone describe summer as being like a weekend. June is Friday; a whole summer ahead of you. July is Saturday; comsumed by the relaxation that summer provides. August is Sunday; You know school is just around the corner, and the responsibilities that entails tend to make people stressed. It's no different for teachers. I hope you all find the next few weeks as restful as possible. I look forward to seeing you all soon.

One questions for you all: How is the summer assignment going? If there are any questions, comments, worries, concerns etc... please let me know. Please don't be discouraged about the class if you are having trouble with the summer work or are stressed about the year ahead and the workload. We can always work things out! It's about improving, not just completing work!

-J

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's going somewhat well. I'm done with the two hall of fame essays, I plan to start the powerpoint soon, and I'm trying to get notes done. I'm filling in what I'm missing from last year, which is everything up until the midterm, which translates to 12 chapters of the pageant book. I'm only on chapter 6 now.

J said...

Do what you can. I don't want you spending what's left of the summer on APUSH stuff. Pace yourself and don't think that the notes have to be over detailed. Go for the big picture and write down any questions you have.

J

Anonymous said...

J don't know if you've seen it yet but there is a new coach hines video. I will try to embed it but if it does not work you can find it on youtube. It is called paint ball massacre.

For anybody whom is taking the class and still reading, I would just like to say good luck. I am not going to lie and tell you that it is not a lot of work, but in the end is well worth it. And just a little tip from someone who has taken the class do not kill yourself trying to learn and take down every little piece of info, it is impossible and will lead to counter productivity. It will just lead to you hating the class.

Anonymous said...

mr J I just want to let you know i ended up dropping the class. i took some pre college courses and decided apush is not a class i want to take. im sorry i wimped out! ill return the book the first day.